54 First
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This forum fucking BLOWS!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Please post your honest opinion on the subject of death.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Neil
Bone Yodeler
Bone Yodeler
Neil

Please post your honest opinion on the subject of death. Empty
PostSubject: Please post your honest opinion on the subject of death.   Please post your honest opinion on the subject of death. Icon_minitime1Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:36 pm

If you really sit down and think about it, it’s a pretty scary thing. This forum prompted me to think of my older brother, Dan. He’s got me by seven years and for some reason the thought of going to his funeral popped into my head.

How old will I be when he dies? Will he die before I will? Hate to get all real on you guys, but this is some serious shit.

Don’t put my mind at ease, just tell me what’s up. What do you really think? Imagine getting hit by a car and you’re laying in the street dizzy and confused. Some random dude you’ve never met is coaching you on staying around until the medic gets there and you can see out of the corner of your eye a puddle of blood and some meat. I mean, what the fuck would go through your head knowing your blood and pieces of your body are in the street? Not to mention the people staring at you in your weakest moment.

What would you think about? The loss of blood would have to make the experience of dying a lot easier.

I mean, when I was in the hospital with AIDS and I was without sleep for 6 days I got to experience something pretty rare. Explaining it now seems impossible but I feel compelled to try.

Imaging the basic feeling of being as tired as you’ve ever been and amplify it to an amount you feel is within your imagination. You’re having a conversation with someone and you’re following the words as they come, not predicting where the story is going or even remembering what it was they said before. You’ve already forgotten what the last sentence was and you’re focused on a memory that sparked from them saying one word, like “Chicken” or “Hello”. You’re thinking about when you saw “Chicken Run” starring Mel Gibson and you’re picturing events that never happened in the movie when you come to realize you’ve been thinking about being a young man in the 1930’s working on a bomber plane. You remember you started off thinking about “Chicken Run” and you start to piece together the forgotten path that lead you to thinking about working on planes in the 1930’s. You remember all the steps of your imagination and the thoughts you had about whatever it was that connected you to the 1930 bomber plane mechanic, only to snap out of thinking about that and come to realize you’ve been sitting their staring off into space while whoever it was you were talking to is conversing with another person you couldn’t possibly remember when it was they showed up or what it was they’ve been talking about.

It’s confusing, but all the while you seem comforted by it. I don’t know what sparked it, but feel free to drop some cents.

Sorry for the lack of structure.

-Neil

P.S. Fuck death. They’ll never take me!
Back to top Go down
Jennx13
Jar Jar Binks
Jar Jar Binks
Jennx13

PostSubject: Re: Please post your honest opinion on the subject of death.   Please post your honest opinion on the subject of death. Icon_minitime1Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:23 pm

Neils kinda crazy but it is something that you don't really think about until it happens to someone you love.
Ill be honest with you all my greatest fear is dying during childbirth...not sure why....wait I think its because I have seen Jersey Girl one to many times or could it be the nine months of the oven baking to not enjoy the next step....who knows!!! Suspect
But there you have it...my fear about dying

p.s. Dan won't ever die....the devil won't know what to do with him! Lord knows he ain't gettin into heaven!
Back to top Go down
Ryan
Trick-Ass Mark
Trick-Ass Mark
Ryan

PostSubject: Re: Please post your honest opinion on the subject of death.   Please post your honest opinion on the subject of death. Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 10, 2009 12:48 am

The one thing I truly hate about death is that if it's not of natural causes, it usually happens to those that don't deserve it, and not to the people that do.
Back to top Go down
Moomers
Bone Yodeler
Bone Yodeler
Moomers

PostSubject: Re: Please post your honest opinion on the subject of death.   Please post your honest opinion on the subject of death. Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 10, 2009 4:26 pm

The feeling you describe, it's not when I'm sick, but when I'm just fine and upright! Someone will be talking to me, but I'll be so concerned with something else I drift off into my own world. After thinking about what I need to think about, I finally come back into real time and thank God I had registered a word or two of what the other person was saying, and fake my way back into the conversation! I especially do this at work.
On death, I think we all know about some really bad ones that we've been through, and still, we'll really never be over them. On my own death, I don't want to go anywhere until I know family will get enough cash from me to live the rest of their lives securely. I'm still trying to figure that one out!
Back to top Go down
Jenny
Sir Posts A Lot
Sir Posts A Lot
Jenny

PostSubject: Re: Please post your honest opinion on the subject of death.   Please post your honest opinion on the subject of death. Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 14, 2009 9:06 pm

I don't think I've ever had those experiences, being close to death and all. Of course we've all had people around us die, and that is an experience that really shakes you up. It's weird for me to think that my grandparents died when my parents were in their 30s or 40s. And now I'm in my 30s and for some reason I don't think of my parents as being that old, even though they are now into their 60s. I imagine people dying when they are quite old, and that's why it shakes us up so much when it happens to younger people. Jenn, that makes me so sad that you have a fear of dying during childbirth! It's not that bad, I swear! Of course that sort of thing could happen, but really it's an occasion for life! If you'd move your butt back over here, I would be in the deliver room with you some day when you have kids!

Anyway, it's too hard to know when we're all going to die. Now that I'm a mom, I can't imagine leaving my baby behind. Of course she's in good hands, but I still want to be around for a long time. And I would give my life for her in a heartbeat!

I guess thinking about death makes you reflect on life a lot, so for that, I am so grateful to have all of you as my friends! Whether near or far, I love you all!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Please post your honest opinion on the subject of death.   Please post your honest opinion on the subject of death. Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Please post your honest opinion on the subject of death.
Page 1 of 1