54 First
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This forum fucking BLOWS!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Watch these videos you godless heathens!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Ryan
Trick-Ass Mark
Trick-Ass Mark
Ryan

Watch these videos you godless heathens! Empty
PostSubject: Watch these videos you godless heathens!   Watch these videos you godless heathens! Icon_minitime1Thu May 07, 2009 4:17 am

Don't be a pussy and stop watching halfway through. Finish the damn thing.

Watch this one too.
Back to top Go down
Jeff
Clown Shoes
Jeff

PostSubject: Re: Watch these videos you godless heathens!   Watch these videos you godless heathens! Icon_minitime1Thu May 07, 2009 12:57 pm

So true, Christians make excuses for EVERYTHING. I think it is okay to choose whatever religion one wants, but Christians seem to be one of the only group(s) that almost demand you 'join' them or you will be sent to hell. Christians seem to base their moral compass around nothing but negativity. Do this or something bad will happen, "oh ok sign me up". Not to say all Christians are horrible people because I know a lot of Christians that are not extremist. But on the whole it is a pretty messed up group of people. Basing a religion on not only hypocrisy but also an impossible standard is really stupid. I like the idea of religions that steer people in the right direction, but I guess I don't know why people can't just do that any ways. If you murder someone and then find Jesus, great!! but it still doesn't dismiss the fact that you killed someone. Here is an idea for a new religion, be a decent person, you are allowed to screw up every now and again. It is called the being HUMAN religion, please join. Okay I am getting off my soap box. afro

P.S. Great post Ryan
Back to top Go down
Cait
Bone Yodeler
Bone Yodeler
Cait

PostSubject: Re: Watch these videos you godless heathens!   Watch these videos you godless heathens! Icon_minitime1Thu May 07, 2009 4:15 pm

The people who made these videos need to get lives. They obviously worry way to much about what other people are doing and think that if we don't think like them we are the stupid delusion ones. I don't believe in God, I don't think... I don't spend much time thinking about it. However, if no one believed in god there would be no set morals or hope in this world at all. Most people are too stupid and destroyed from things that have happened in their own lives to set morals for themselves, so they use God's. When someone's family member is dying or may possibly die, the families pray to God, or anyone who will listen and help. In helpless moments, people pray to feel less hopeless and like they did everything they could do to help their loved one, even if it is just sending up to simple prayer. The more educated you become and the more you deal with people and critical thinking, you learn that everyone is different and that makes the world a cool and interesting place. It is delusional to think you can change anyones mind by making a you tube video, no matter how clever or "ah" inspiring you thought it was.
I agree the crazy religions could tone it down a bit... but believing in God is not bringing down our society and neither is prayer. Closed minded people who want everyone to think the same way and can't lighten up about simple old world classic beliefs are bringing us down, and will continue to do so. We are all different for a reason. Think about it that way. Don't conform, be yourself.
I did enjoy watching this video, however I think it is over the top and the people who made it thought it was smarter then it really is. The only people who will be inspired by it are the ones who already agree.
study
Back to top Go down
Ryan
Trick-Ass Mark
Trick-Ass Mark
Ryan

PostSubject: Re: Watch these videos you godless heathens!   Watch these videos you godless heathens! Icon_minitime1Thu May 07, 2009 8:15 pm

Cait wrote:
The people who made these videos need to get lives. They obviously worry way to much about what other people are doing and think that if we don't think like them we are the stupid delusion ones. I don't believe in God, I don't think... I don't spend much time thinking about it. However, if no one believed in god there would be no set morals or hope in this world at all. Most people are too stupid and destroyed from things that have happened in their own lives to set morals for themselves, so they use God's. When someone's family member is dying or may possibly die, the families pray to God, or anyone who will listen and help. In helpless moments, people pray to feel less hopeless and like they did everything they could do to help their loved one, even if it is just sending up to simple prayer. The more educated you become and the more you deal with people and critical thinking, you learn that everyone is different and that makes the world a cool and interesting place. It is delusional to think you can change anyones mind by making a you tube video, no matter how clever or "ah" inspiring you thought it was.
I agree the crazy religions could tone it down a bit... but believing in God is not bringing down our society and neither is prayer. Closed minded people who want everyone to think the same way and can't lighten up about simple old world classic beliefs are bringing us down, and will continue to do so. We are all different for a reason. Think about it that way. Don't conform, be yourself.
I did enjoy watching this video, however I think it is over the top and the people who made it thought it was smarter then it really is. The only people who will be inspired by it are the ones who already agree.
study

Thank you for replying, Caitlyn, and with such fervor! That is entirely the point of these videos; to get people to start using their intelligence. If I may, I would like to sum up what the author of the video is getting at by putting it in my own way. God and/or religion was something that human beings created way back in a time before science or enlightenment; by men that sought to control other human beings be instilling the fear of an almighty in them, that if they were to commit a "sin" they would be cast into the worst imaginable place possible... hell. There was no rhyme or reason for how the world worked back in those times, so the existence of a supreme creator was an all too convenient way to explain why things happened, and even how a person should live their life day to day. But, in today's world, with science and technology being interwoven into every aspect of our daily lives, the convenience that an almighty creator once benefited us, is no longer necessary. I am going to quote an athiest, though I do not remember his name, so please forgive me. He/she once said "just as a infant grows out of diapers, so should humanity grow out of religion". That means to say that at one point in our history, religion may have been a good thing for helping people make moral and ethical decisions about their lives, but in 2009 human beings are smart enough to use logical and rational thinking to understand that believing in God and the bible is just absurd. Not to mention the fact that nearly 100% of christians do not follow Jesus' laws stated in the bible, because if you read it, they're completely insane and not doable in our modern world. I personally, like most athiests make good moral choices because I believe that it's right, unlike christians that make good moral choices because they fear what god will do to them if they don't. The bottom line point is that for the human race to truly continue to evolve and prosper we must do away with these ridiculous traditions of gods and religions and fully embrace the power of logic and science; you know, things that can actually answer questions about our world.

P.S.

Thanks Jeff.
Back to top Go down
Cait
Bone Yodeler
Bone Yodeler
Cait

PostSubject: Re: Watch these videos you godless heathens!   Watch these videos you godless heathens! Icon_minitime1Thu May 07, 2009 10:40 pm

I see what the video is saying and what it is getting at. My point is people need something to believe that will never let them down. It's just a human need I guess. God and Prayer I think are exceptable beliefs, but all the crazy countless religions and the bible are not. So i see your point, but the creators of the video should specify what about spirituality they are against, because even in 2009 humans are still helpless and will always need something to believe in that wont let them down.
If it's not god it will just be something else.

. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Watch these videos you godless heathens!   Watch these videos you godless heathens! Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Watch these videos you godless heathens!
Page 1 of 1